A Day In The Lifestyle Of a BlackHat SEO, Circa 2010


For most people, SEO consists of making sure your page content is compelling and the metadata accurately describes the page without keyword stuffing. But there’s another side to SEO – the world of blackhats. The dark enclave of the blackhat SEO is a fascinating place, and I took some time to talk to a friend who was involved in the blackhat SEO business for some time – here’s what we discussed. I know you can’t exactly MakeUseOf this, but I hope it’s interesting nonetheless.ajmalseotips.blogspot.com
I should note, I’ve been waiting to publish this for a few years, for reasons of protecting their identity and ensuring the tools or practices are no longer relevant. Most of what is mentioned no longer works. In fact, it’ll get your site de-ranked faster than you can say Google if you touch any of them, which is precisely what happened to this particular network he was involved with.
The sites being discussed are commonly known as “adsense farms”, specifically designed to make Adsense profit and not much else. Nevertheless, I’ve censored the names of the tools just in case. Play safe in your SEO journey!
Can You Give Me An Outline Of Your Blackhat SEO Job?
I create sites, load them up with pre-written content and lots of adsense blocks, make it all look pretty, then promote the heck out of them using some different tactics, like link spamming, hidden links etc.
What Was The Motivation?
It’s just a job for me, and I’m good at what I do. Not I’m the one who profits from any of the sites I promote of course – I’m just a salaried lackey. I’m not privy to exact figures, but I’m under the impression that the best performing sites make about $50/day in Adsense profits. There are a few hundred or so sites in the network (that I know about, at least), covering a big range of niche topics – anything that has a high Adsense payout is a potential target.

Post a Comment

0 Comments